Re: HIGfing the properties windows

Il mar, 2003-02-18 alle 14:18, Alexander Larsson ha scritto:
> On 17 Feb 2003, Luca Ferretti wrote:
>
> > I can try to rearrange some spacing/allignment stuff in the properties
> > window.
> >
> > Just some design question:
> >         * 12 px between window border and widgets?
> >         * 24 px between notebook and buttons?
> >         * 12 px between notebook internal border and internal widget?
>
> I'm not great at these things, but i think this is what the hig specifies.

There are not so much infos and an old nautilus (1.x?) shot.

The big design trouble is the icon + "_Name:" hbox: it forces to left
align all labels.

Alternatively we can use just

    [fileicon]   <big>filename</big>

like in old BeOS, but so you can't change filename :-(

Oh, a little OT: 'cause now we can handle icon themes, probably we need
an icon selector like KDE one.

> Not sure about the notebook/buttons one though.

I'm trying it: not so bad :-)

BTW: icon buttons ("Select..." and "Remove") should be spread, end,
start, what aligned?

> >         * remove separators in "Permissions" tab and using a 18 px
> >           spacing?
>
> Does the hig say anything about this?

Should be deprecated as frames. Moreover I see the "Basic" tab use a
null table row. I think it's the best (and more simple) solution.

By.

--
Think bigger

			My uncle