Re: Nautilus won't run... FAMOpen error / relocation error

I've tried re-compiling/ reinstalling pango and freetype as well (I'm using gentoo's emerge) and even though it compiled ok, still nothing happens... I've also tried to recompile nautilus and now it fails to compile with an "undefined reference to FT_Set_Hint_Flags" error... Is there a serious problem with my freetype setup?? What other things can I do to troubleshoot this?

Frederic Crozat wrote:

I'm getting some strange behavior w/ nautilus lately.
When I start up Gnome, it seems like nautilus runs ok, but when I click a desktop icon all my icons disappear and I loose all desktop functionality. I still have the panel and all, but nautilus just won't work. I then try to run nautilus from command line and it does nothing, but the second time I run it from command-line I get this:

bash-2.05b$ nautilus
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
FAMOpen failed, FAMErrno=0
Extra content at the end of the document
Extra content at the end of the document
Extra content at the end of the document
Extra content at the end of the document
Extra content at the end of the document
Extra content at the end of the document
Extra content at the end of the document
Extra content at the end of the document
Extra content at the end of the document
nautilus: relocation error: /usr/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.so.0: undefined symbol: FT_Set_Hint_Flags

Very simple => you have updated freetype2 but haven't recompiled pango
against it..