Re: Suggestion for file type detection approach
- From: Fabio Gomes <bugtraq gs2 com br>
- To: iain <iain prettypeople org>
- Cc: nautilus-list gnome org, gnome-list gnome org, gnome-devel-list gnome org, gnome-vfs-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Suggestion for file type detection approach
- Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 15:18:31 -0300
Em Qui, 2003-12-25 ās 14:55, iain escreveu:
> Which is more common
> a) Files which are badly named?
> b) Files which are funny and nautilus sniffs the wrong thing?
Your b) is probably more common.
But which is easier for users to fix immediately
a) Renaming badly named files to get the correct names?
b) Requesting gnome-vfs maintainers or an experienced system
administrator to fix the sniffer
File naming problems often appear in files provided by elsewhere (p2p,
email, web, etc)
Sniffer problems appear in the middle of people's own work.
Fabio Gomes de Souza <fabio gs2 com br> (+55 81 9127-0597)
.- GS2 TECNOLOGIA DA INFORMACAO LTDA :: www.gs2.com.br
|- IT Infrastructure :: Security :: Embedded systems :: Linux
`- Olinda, Brazil - +55 81 3492-7777 - negocios gs2 com br
] [Thread Prev