RE: shift=and-close-the-current-folder?

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 07:54, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:

> Predicting the future is difficult. I can only say that keyboard-navigation
> of the file manager is very popular where it exists - on the MacOS.

Very true, which is all the more interesting given how lax MacOS has
historically been at providing keyboard navigation (until OSX, at
least).  Which begs an equally important question of whether it's
popular because people want to use it, or because they have to due to a
lack of mouse equivalents.

> People can use a terminal, but then they aren't using GNOME or
> Nautilus anymore.

They may not be using nautilus, but as long as we choose to ship
gnome-terminal as part of our core desktop, they're certainly still
using GNOME.

Cheeri,
Calum.