Re: Column View

<quote who="John McCutchan">

> What concerns me the most about this whole thread, is we have someone
> willing to work and contribute a nautilus view and are being discouraged
> because his addition may not be "usefull enough".

This happens all the time, and it's a good thing. Say I post to the list
telling you that I would be very pleased to write a GNOME fstab editing
program. How useful is that going to be? Should it be done at all? Would we
ship it? Is it going to be useful to users? Is there a better way to solve
the problem?  Was there a problem defined in the first place?

Personally, I think the columnar view ala Mac OS X is a terribly bad joke
[1], and doesn't gel well at all with the current direction of Nautilus.

- Jeff

[1] What did the astronaut say when he crashed into the moon?

   It makes perfect sense. If you're a narcissistic arsehole spawned from
                            a curdled gene pool.