Nautilus and Background control

Hey everyone,

I'm using nautilus-2.2.4-0.ximian.4.7 on XD2 and was wondering if there
was any way to make it play nicely with Enlightenment.

Is there any way to make Nautilus give up control of the background yet
still have it just put the files on the desktop (and not steal the mouse
clicks)?

Essentially I'd like it to replace GMC on my desktop, since GMC's gui is
no longer included with the package.  Besides Nautilus looks like it has
more functionality.

I'm sure that this has been discussed to death.  I tried searching the
mailing list archive, but most of these discussions were from 2001 and
I'm sure that Nautilus has made some significant changes since then.

Thanks.
--
Beny