Re: First: Multiple instances of "properties" window. Second: List-view autoscroll.

On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 14:13, Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:
> Three things...
>
> First and quite irritating:
> 1) If you select multiple files it is not possible to open one
> 'properties' window fro all of them at once. This is quite irriating
> when you copy ~100 files from a cd and they are all write protected!
> Maybe the way that files are copied from cds should be changed to (if
> this is even Nautilus' business?)!
> -- I know that you can chmod them from terminal, it is just that newbies
> don't

This works in 2.3.

> Second and a bit of a nag:
> 2) If you are in list view it is not possible to hit ex. 'k' and then
> nautilus (v. 2.2.1) autoscrolls to the first file beginning with 'k'.

Try Ctrl-S, then type. I know this is sort of strange, but at least it
will give you something.

> Third (a minor frustration):
> 3) It is a bit frustrating that you can't create files from the
> popupmenu like you can in windows. Eg. like *rightclick* new->text file.
> I known that you can work around this yourself via scripts but that just
> doesn't semm completely satisfactory.
>
> A further advantage of having support for this kind of file creation
> would be that you could create empty documents for OpenOffice and other
> programs on the fly... (I know that this probably would require
> something from the installation of ex. OpenOffice)

Whether we want this sort of thing hasn't really been discussed.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a war-weary gay dwarf from a doomed world. She's a sharp-shooting snooty
vampire on the trail of a serial killer. They fight crime!