Re: Nautilus as another user

On 30 Apr 2003, Daryl Warkentin wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to run Nautilus as root while logged in as another user.
> When I do this the root user's nautilus window works great until I close
> it. At that point it takes over the background and I have to kill the
> root nautilus process to get it back to normal.
>
> Is it possible to run Nautilus as two different users at the same time?
>
> Is there a command line argument or gconf setting I can make to allow me
> to run Nautilus as the root user without it interfering with other
> Nautilus processes?

At the moment you have to start the root one with --no-desktop. However,
we should really be checking if nautilus is already managing the desktop,
using a manager selection or something. That way we wouldn't get this
problem.

This is on my TODO list, however that list is astronomically large, so
patches are accepted.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a hate-fuelled chivalrous gangster on his last day in the job. She's a
disco-crazy renegade snake charmer from the wrong side of the tracks. They
fight crime!