Re: Changing Icons

On 23 Apr 2003, Ben FrantzDale wrote:

> I'm interested in writing a script that can change nautilus's icons for
> particular files. I've found ~/.nautilus/metafiles, but while I can edit
> those files, I have to restart nautilus for it to notice my changes.
> (Reloading a directory or closing and reopening a directory isn't
> enough.)
>
> Is there any way to do this without restarting nautilus?

Technically you could contact the nautilus corba server and change the
metadata through that. However, that's far from easy.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a fast talking native American gentleman spy who must take medication to
keep him sane. She's a mistrustful belly-dancing detective from a family of
eight older brothers. They fight crime!