Re: nautilus audio preview - mouse hover

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003, Nick Kloski wrote:

> I just installed RedHat8, and for some reason, I cannot get the audio
> preview to work within Nautilus.  I want the functionality back that I
> had in RH7.2 where I could hover my mouse over a music icon and the
> music would automatically play, as long as I held my mouse there.  Here
> are my specs:
>
> Nautilus 2.0.6
> RedHat 8
> I have installed mpg123 and ogg123
> I have installed the vorbis-tools package
>
> ...I have no problems playing music files from the command line, either
> .mp3 or .ogg, but it is just within Nautilus...
>
> I have the the audio preview to "always" within Nautilus, and all of the
> files I have are local on my only harddrive.  Any help/ideas?

You have to enable esd. Use gconf-editor to set
/desktop/gnome/sound/enable_esd to TRUE.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a Nobel prize-winning overambitious dog-catcher with a robot buddy named
Sparky. She's a cynical green-skinned wrestler with the power to see death.
They fight crime!