Re: Passing thought about nautilus embedding

Hi Gregory,

On Fri, 2003-04-04 at 09:20, Gregory Merchan wrote:
> Unless I'm mistaken, that was the point of the Gnu network object model
>  environment. It just got sidetracked into applets, snazzamataz,
>  configuration wars, glitz, and all things browsable.

	I think the point of GNOME is closer to 'Free software on every
desktop' than some intrinsic design complexity.

	The generic shell issue is an interesting one however; My personal
feeling is that you gain very little by making nautilus your generic
shell in real terms, and loose a fair bit in stability terms. However,
having a shared shell helper of some sort between lots of components
seems to make a fair bit of sense, I believe some of the eog,ggv,gpdf
people were working on such a thing.

	Regards,

		Michael.