Re: feature request

On 16 Sep 2002, David Obwaller wrote:

> hi,
>
> I'm not sure if this is the right place to post a feature request to,
> but as I didn't find any other list that sounded better I'll post it
> here.
>
> I like the nautilus-scripts feature a lot and therefore I'm using lots
> of nautilus-scripts. As I'm using more and more scripts the scripts menu
> gets a bit long and you can't use it that fast anymore. I would like to
> have scripts defined for specific file-types (mime-types). For example
> if I right-click on an ogg vorbis-file I want to have the 'Queue to
> XMMS' script show up (maybe directly in the context menu), but if I
> click a tar-archive I don't want it to show up.
>
> Is this planned for future version, or is it already implemented and I
> just didn't find out?

This is a fairly commonly requested feature. It has been discussed some
times, but the better solution is to make the Gnome mimetype system not
suck so much. Then per-mimetype actions would just automatically show up
next to the Open in foo items on the context menu.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a fiendish day-dreaming senator from the Mississippi delta. She's a
warm-hearted nymphomaniac traffic cop who hides her beauty behind a pair of
thick-framed spectacles. They fight crime!