Re: Patch: Bug 72022

On 2 Sep 2002, Dave Bordoley wrote:

> On Mon, 2002-09-02 at 04:31, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> >

> > Isn't there a danger that this is triggered unexpectedly, when you're just
> > trying to drop on the top of the list. This change means that there are
> > is an area 100 pixels tall where you can't really drop files easily.
>
> I personally haven't had a problem with it (though i haven't done much
> testing). However, this change does make the feature more obvious. With
> 20 pixels the feature might as well not be included since it is way to
> hard to trigger the scroll. 50 pixels seemed ok to me using a 1024x768
> screen resolution.

It's not hard at all if you know it's there. It is somewhat hard to
accidentally trigger it, but isn't that the point? If it is easy to
accidentally trigger, won't that also mean it is easy to make it mess up
your drop?

About the resolution comment, are you using a fullscreen window?

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a lounge-singing Catholic matador on the run. She's a mistrustful gypsy
lawyer from out of town. They fight crime!