Re: Tray removeable media?

On Sat, 2002-10-26 at 23:39, Gregory Merchan wrote:
> I remember there was discussion some time ago about indicating insertion
> of removeable media. I'm sorry that I don't remember when or what came of it.
> I vaguely recall a problem or complaint about adding icons to the desktop.
> It was recently suggested on the HIG list that the desktop be reserved for
> users.

FWIW, I don't think nautilus adding icons for removable media falls in
to the category of applications spamming the desktop with launchers.
There are legitimate positive effects of having removable media appear
and disappear from the desktop as they are available. I particularly
like the behavior.

dave