Re: pluggable context menus ...

Manuel Clos <llanero eresmas net> said:

> My idea is to have a "mime type" entry just after "open with..." that
> has all these options. So the menu will always be there and will never
> get empty.
>
> So, for "image" mime type you get:
>
> open
> open in new window <--- remove this one please ;)
> open with...
> image ----> open  <--- this one is bold because is the default action
>                     print
>                     rotate
>                     resize
>                     show notes

The HIG also states that context menus should not have sub-menus so either way
is a comprimise. also why would you have open in the context menu, I would
find this rather confusing to have two open menu entries. Also in regards to
archives, I don't think they should have any menu entries. We need seemless
integration of archives into nautilus (via vfs) anything else is masking the
problem.

dave