Re: Problems with icon-themes with cvs HEAD nautilus

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Darryl Rees wrote:

> I wonder if anybody could give me any suggestions for troubleshooting
> this...
>
> I have built gnome from cvs HEAD (parallel to stock RH8.0 gnome 2).
> Unfortunately the icons are completely borked on the desktop and under
> nautilus. If I use the default gnome icon theme every file (including
> folders) has the 'blank dog-eared piece of paper' icon. If I use the
> bluecurve icon theme then .tar.gz and core files get a reasonable icon.
>
> I've already installed gnome-icon-themes.
>
> Also it's picking up the icon theme directories from /usr/share/icons
> instead of {PARALLEL_BUILD_PREFIX}/share/icons, which isn't what I expected.
>
> Anybody have any quick ideas for troubleshooting? I'm assuming its
> something to do with my setup, there is no mention of a current bug like
> this in bugzilla and I've tried updating my nautilus cvs a couple of
> times over the last couple of weeks. I just don't want to spend hours
> looking for the problem if possible.

Change your icon theme to "gnome" or make the bluecurve icon theme inherit
from "gnome".

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a bookish albino cop possessed of the uncanny powers of an insect. She's
a transdimensional extravagent queen of the dead married to the Mob. They
fight crime!