Re: Controlling Nautilus programmatically

Hi Jason,

On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 21:20, Jason Tackaberry wrote:
> I find myself in a situation where I wish to control certain aspects of
> Nautilus from an external program (specially a python script).  There
> are specific areas I need to control:

	Ok; so it looks like you need to add a number of CORBA interfaces to
nautilus; and use James H's new ORBit2 python work - which is rather
good I believe.

>      2. Ability to force a refresh the desktop.  The desktop may have

	This should be particularly easy to add; so far the Shell interface has
only:

	interface Shell : ::Bonobo::Unknown {
		void open_windows (in URIList uris, in string geometry);
		void open_default_window (in string geometry);
		void start_desktop ();
		void stop_desktop ();
		void quit ();
		void restart ();
	};

	But that can easily be expanded; I'd poke there.

	HTH,

		Michael.