Quite off topic : Gstreamer view (was Re: more eel cleanup)

On 10 Nov 2002, Alexander Larson wrote

On 10 Nov 2002, George Farris wrote:

> Is the music view actually going away?  I use this all the time and
> quite like it.

The gstreamer nautilus view is replacing it.

I hope this will be a great view but...
I tried sometimes ago to compile gstreamer-0.4.0 (the view is in 0.4.2, isn't it ?) on my PPC computer, It's a real great project. And it's a real heavy pain ; it depends on so much libraries. But there is worst : it depends on libraries like Avifile that won't compile on PPC (will it ?) ! This is a real portability problem for gstreamer and nautilus. I had to disable the half of the plugins compilation... And after the compilation, it wasn't even able to read .wav files because of - I suppose - endian problems.

So : isn't it a bit early to switch the music view into a gstreamer view ?

Bertrand Dekoninck.