automount /vol/dev fails when opening Nautilus

It appears that when I open nautilus the following error message is
logged to /var/log/messages:
automount[NNN]: attempting to mount entry /vol/dev
automount[NNN]: lookup(file): lookup for dev failed

I've search google but can not find a fix. The system is RedHat 7.3.
This occurs for both Gnome 1.4 as well as Gnome2.  I've check my
auto.master and auto.misc and neither have an entry for /vol/dev/

Any suggestions on how to fix?

--
Clifford Snow <glass-art attbi com>