RE: menu patch broke nautilus(maybe use symlinks for removable media)

Sort of on a tangent. In the future do you think we could switch to
using symlinks instead of .desktop files for removable media like
cdroms. This could have a few benefits.

1) On multi user systems, most users typically only have access to their
home dir (basically everything else outside of $home is off limits to
most users). Using .dekstop files to link to /mnt/cdrom seems kind of
weird, since it kills the user spacial reference that everything they
need or can do work on is in their home dir.

2) when using home dir as the desktop, The user gets a great spacial
reference,since everything the user needs is in their home dir/ on their
desktop ($home/cdrom etc.)

3) makes these mount point easily accessible from the terminal. Right
now if i go into my terminal and do dir or ls i see cdrom.desktop, which
is worthless in the terminal since the shell can't use .desktop files.
If symlinks were used i could do cd ~/cdrom. This would do alot to unite
the use of $home as the desktop and $home in the terminal.

Obvioulsy this would depend on bug 73937 being fixed first so that
symlinks work correctly. Also I've filed a bug on this bugzilla as well.
Just a thought..

dave