Re: Re: [Usability]Re: Accelerator for New Window

On Wed, 2002-05-08 at 02:35, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> On 08May2002 02:36PM (-1000), Liam R. E. Quin wrote:
> >
> > [2] How can such users be accommodated?
> >
> >     For example, loadable key-binding sets?  That can make it hard
for
> >     people staffing help desks or sharing a desktop.
>
> Gtk+ supports keybinding themes.

> I think that would be the best approach. Sharing a desktop shouldn't
> be a problem as long as it's easy to switch keybinding themes. As for
> the help-desk issue, having users able to use a keybinding theme
> they're comfortable with is probably a net win for the help desk.
> And if it isn't, the help desk can always say "if you don't use the
> default keybinding theme, you're on your own". That seems to be a
> fairly common help desk behavior. :>) Anyway, if it's a matter of
> instructing the user to do something, they can always instruct the
> user to do it with the mouse.

Nice to see discussion about that keybinding.
IMHO, we should finally agree on *one* keybinding. I don't have problems
with ctrl-shift-n, but ctrl-n is like already mentionned the default
keybinding for New Window in galeon.
If we decide to choose that one, it'd be much easier for people if
they're used to galeon. I don't know much about emacs since I don't use
it, but why should we care about emacs user? emacs is *not* a core GNOME
program.
I also don't know much about medusa, since I never used it. It's just a
question when it'll be integrated in nautilus again (maybe even if it
will be ever again integrated).

Greetings,
Christian