Re: Accelerator for New Window

On Tue, 2002-05-07 at 21:49, Ben FrantzDale wrote:

> I havn't read this thread so sory if this is a duplicate:
> One problem with Ctrl+N for new folder is that those people used to
> emacs/shell keybindings instinctively use ctrl+N instead of reaching for
> the down-arrow key. Many times I've found ``New Folder''s on my desktop
> from when the desktop had focus rather than a text-editor and I hit
> ctrl+N.

Same here, I haven't been reading this thread much.
I personally do not think basing key bindings on emacs. Yes, I am a vi
user, but this is not the reason for this I swear :)

Key bindings should be based on either a mixture of existing gui systems
(for people migrating from the majors players, mac and windows I guess)
or there should be a profile feature that allows "emacs safe",
"windows"" and "mac" bindings etc.  Maybe this is far far away from a
unified system, but we can at least have a default and then have a way
for maintained profiles to be used.

Just my 2p.

Justin