Re: Nautilus preferences proposal

On Sunday, April 28, 2002, at 12:47 PM, Alex Larsson wrote:

Opinions vary on this. Miguel for instance claims that we're forever lost
if we don't make Nautilus a great browser, since all Windows users are
used to this and demand it.

Personally I think that while we should not remove the possibility for
Nautilus to view content of all types (including html) inline, we should
concentrate on making Nautilus a good file manager. Managing files may
include looking at html files, but it does not include full featured
browsing.

Darin, what is your opinion on this?

What you say here was my original idea for Nautilus. The idea was that if you click on an html file you should see the contents. This seemed like a very powerful idea when Andy Hertzfeld demonstrated it in earlier versions of Gnomad.

So I agree with you.

    -- Darin