Re: [Usability]Re: Nautilus preferences proposal

On 30Apr2002 04:47PM (-0400), Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 20:15, David Moles wrote:
> > Hear, hear.
> >
> > Hey, how hard would it be to wrap the existing tree sidebar and turn
> > it into a Nautilus view? :)
>
> That's what I was thinking actually.  :-)
>
> I am really in love with the way OS X does it.  (In case no-one
> noticed.)

The Outline view actually dates back to System 7 on Mac OS.

The Tree^WFolders view is actually already a Nautilus view - sidebar
panels and content views are the same except for tags in the OAF
file. You would need some code tweaking to get it to re-root
itself. But it would be better to give the outline capabilities to the
existing multi-column list view.

And either of these approaches should wait until after GNOME 2.0 I
think.

 - Maciej