Re: [Nautilus-list] re: Desktop folder (again)

<quote who="Tuomas Kuosmanen">

> I bet they had a similar discussion at Apple about this when they
> designed OSX..

... and came to the conclusion that the Desktop was a separate entity to
Home. :-)

[ For those of you who don't use OS X, your home directory looks like this:

  Desktop/ (the desktop)
  Documents/ (random docs dir)
  Library/ (what we'd call dotfiles, essentially)
  Movies/
  Music/
  Pictures/
  Public/ (shared files area)
  Sites/ (where apache-served web stuff goes)

It's pretty effective. But I still prefer desktop == $HOME. ]

- Jeff

--
                    The Unix Way: Everything is a file.
                 The Linux Way: Everything is a filesystem.