Re: [Nautilus-list] Bugs and "I tried the desktop as HOME and ...."

On Thu, 2002-03-21 at 10:54, David Bordoley wrote:
> Well, if you're using nautilus(not the desktop) in the /home/user, it
> makes no sense to have a symlink in the directory you are currently in
> to itself. The "documents" folder would be a sub folder of /home/user.
> In my opinion this makes more sense.

Wait. That sounds like you just repeated what you said before. :)
What are you actually asking for / suggesting?

My opinion: There should be no Nautilus "Home" icon on the desktop
(or in $HOME) when $HOME is the desktop. As for the Documents folder,
if you want one, create one -- I don't see what that has to do with
anything. Are you suggesting that Nautilus should create one by
default? That seems to me like something the OS distribution vendor
should decide (what the "add user" command creates in the new
user's home directory by default isn't really a Nautilus issue).