Re: [Nautilus-list] re: Desktop folder

On to, 2002-03-21 at 02:43, Marten Payne wrote:

    GNOME, rather it is the other way around. While it may be the most
    effective way to work for highly intelligent, structured, logical
    thinkers like Tuomas and others, I suspect usability testing on the mid
    80% of people would show to be a sub-optimal approach.

I dont get this really. I mean, I think it requires more effort to
actually learn that the files you dragged to the desktop are in this
specially named directory when you want to open them into an
application.

It sounds awfully simple to me to have "foo.jpeg" on the desktop, and
when one wants to load it in the Gimp, the file-open dialog shows the
same "foo.jpeg" right there. Why is it somehow sub-optimal?

Wasnt nautilus called the "graphical shell" anyway? :-) That is how I
think of it, and thus it looks so logical to have it show the same stuff
as the text-based shell. Just look at this thread, you see people who
said "what the heck, I'll give it a try, it wont hurt anything" and
started to like it.

But yeah. User-testing would be a good idea.

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::