Re: SV: [Nautilus-list] Desktop folder

[snip]

> Now I just want a solution to the "where can I put these dirs like
> ~/evolution, ~/nsmail, ~/whatnot that some apps want to create? Sticking
> them under the panel works, but it is the most hilarious hack I have
> ever done :-)
hell yeah.  a solution for this would be great.

I don't recall, what's the reasoning for evolution having the directory
called that?  I've seen threads around about it before, but I don't
really recall.  like I've seen people say, it's not like there's a great
deal a user can do, or would do frequently in there.

but yeah, a solution to be able to turn off things from appearing on the
desktop would be a great help.  or some easy way for users to select the
desktop in the file selector if desktop != $HOME.

(basically a "me too")

cheers,
chris