Re: [Nautilus-list] Solaris memory bug

Hi Havoc,

On Mon, 2002-03-11 at 14:18, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Maybe this is useful - running "valgrind" on gnome-terminal
> (requires "chmod 700 /lib/i686" to get rid of thread stuff),
> I get warnings about uninitialized memory passed to writev().

	I don't believe so - I think that's simply an artefact of the fact that
CORBA doesn't specify what data is in the padding between requests, and
as such we don't spend time initializing it.

	Is that run against ORBit2 though ? if so, there is a configure option
--enable-purify that sets about addressing that sort of issue - albeit
with a (minor) performance hit - it'd be great to expand that capability
to make both putrify and valgrind reports more useful and less noisy ;-)

	Regards,

		Michael.