Re: PATCH for some random stuff.

On Fri, 2002-06-28 at 10:14, Alexander Larsson wrote:

> > Finally I removed the oh so annoying switch to manual layout dialog.
> > Basically this dialog pops up on me daily and i find it pretty annoying
> > (i think other users do too). IMHO when I choose to use automatic
> > layout, I have made my choice. I don't need nautilus constantly asking
> > me if I want to change. Removing this dialog make nautilus's behavior
> > consistent with that of Mac OS finder as well.
>
> I'm keeping this for the moment while we thing about a better solution.

I guess given the amount of discussion on the list that seems fair. I
really did not anticipate such a strong reaction against the patch so I
completely agree with the decision.

I think long term we should look to try to make the icon view a little
less complex from a usability stand point. I currently find the design a
little overly complex in this respect, but we do have a good solid base
so fixing the icon view interaction problems shouldn't be too hard just
need to think about it I guess.

Good luck to everyone and I look forward to seeing all the killers fixes
and enhancements in nautilus when I get back.

dave