Re: PATCH for some random stuff.

i totally agree with the "adding preferences for stuff you can't decide on
is a copt out" mantra, absolutely.  but is this really considered a
preference?  isn't there room in the interface for things that are helpful
and informative the first couple time your see them?  you see precident
for this in lots of gui's:  mozilla/ie/netscape 4.x had tons of these
style dialogs when you fire up a new profile, though when you have too
many of them they get really annoying.  its also roughly comparable to the
tips you see apon first launch of lots of programs.

-Josh

Josh .. Yoshi .. Joschi .. http://eds.org/~joschi/vitriolix