Re: Patch for bug 82780 - Thumbnails are flat

On Tue, 2002-06-25 at 09:45, Alexander Larsson wrote:

    > However, small images (<16K or something similar) are used as-is,
    > and so won't be in the thumbnails directory. So they won't have the
    > border added. Was nautilus 1.4 like that?

    I'm not sure, but I'd guess so, since 1.4 stored the border in the
    thumbnail files.

It later switched to adding it on the fly. Small images were never
having a border anyway, and it makes sense to not have them on those
too, since otherwise all your custom icons you keep on a folder will
have a border too. The shadow is best looking for photos anyway, and
they are usually large.

    > I don't know if there is a more reliable way to check if it should have
    > a border.

    There seems to be no simple way. It would require some changes to the icon
    loader it seems.

I think the current way works quite okay, hasnt really bothered me.

Of course one could avoid the shadow border if the image has
transparency, shaped images that get the border added look sort of
weird. But it is not a big catastrophe really.. It bothered more when
the shadow thing was missing. :-)

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::