icons appearing under the panel again

I'm using only the menu panel. If I do clean up by name, nautilus
rearranges the icons so that the top row appears underneath the menu
panel. I think damon or one of the other ximian guys had fixed this, but
it now appears to have regressed. Reading the changelog, it looks like
Mark McLoughlin recently made some changes to the desktop icon code. Any
chance his changes broke this accidentally? Is anyone else experiencing
this?

dave