Re: Thumbnail slow down again ?

Hi Glen,

On Wed, 2002-06-12 at 11:57, Glen Gray wrote:
> Hmm, well my dir was no where near that full and it took about 1 sec per
> image on a 650Mhz Vaio laptop (256Mb RAM).

	Sounds almost precisely as if you're using an old nautilus; can you:

	a) killall -9 nautilus - repeatedly from a terminal, until you
	   are certain that the system nautilus is dead.

	b) ensure you have installed all the garnome stuff

	c) check that ldd `which nautilus` reports libgtk-x11-2

	d) run nautilus from the console,

	Oh - and repeat the procedure :-)

> Is there any way to tell if convert is being called.

	an 'strace -f nautilus' matching for 'exec' would work - most likely.

	HTH,

		Michael.