Re: PATCH: use local path when dropping files onto icons

On Mon, 10 Jun 2002, Frank Worsley wrote:

> > I don't like this. The command: line comes directly from the Exec field of
> > a desktop file. And the exec field has a well defined handling of
> > arguments, described in chapter 6 at:
> > http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/desktop-entry-spec/desktop-entry-spec.html
> >
> > We should probably support that, instead of randomly appending the
> > filenames/uris to the end of the string.
> >

> Yes, that would be good. Can I commit this as a temporary fix to the way
> it's done right now, while I work out the correct solution?

I prefer not to add that hack, since:
a) It could potentially breaks some app that only handles URIs.
b) Having the hack means there is less chance of someone doing the work
needed for the correct solution.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a notorious gay cowboy plagued by the memory of his family's brutal
murder. She's an orphaned junkie socialite who can talk to animals. They fight
crime!