Re: Unifying ~/Desktop
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com>
- Cc: Simon Hausmann <hausmann kde org>, nautilus-list gnome org, kde-core-devel kde org, xdg-list freedesktop org
- Subject: Re: Unifying ~/Desktop
- Date: 10 Jun 2002 22:08:29 -0400
Federico Mena Quintero <federico ximian com> writes:
> Having a hardcoded path does not sound appropriate. Look at all the
> trouble Jim Gettys mentions when he tries to change his UID. Likeiwse,
> moving your home directory to somewhere else should not involve having
> to hand-edit magic files.
A possible solution might be a "home:///" URI scheme...
] [Thread Prev