Re: PATCH: use local path when dropping files onto icons

On Sat, 8 Jun 2002, Frank Worsley wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this little patch makes Nautilus use the local path (if possible) when
> dropping files onto a desktop icon. Now I can use that way to open files
> in legacy (non-gnomevfs) applications.
>
> Previously Nautilus would use a file:/// URI and that wont work in old
> apps (ie: my fav editor nedit).
>
> Ok to commit?

I don't like this. The command: line comes directly from the Exec field of
a desktop file. And the exec field has a well defined handling of
arguments, described in chapter 6 at:
http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/desktop-entry-spec/desktop-entry-spec.html

We should probably support that, instead of randomly appending the
filenames/uris to the end of the string.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a lonely guitar-strumming librarian in a wheelchair. She's a cold-hearted
wisecracking stripper with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!