Re: [G2R] Bug Update for RC1
- From: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
- To: Alex Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- Cc: Luis Villa <louie ximian com>, gnome2 release team <gnome2-release-team gnome org>, desktop-devel-list gnome org, nautilus <nautilus-list eazel com>
- Subject: Re: [G2R] Bug Update for RC1
- Date: 07 Jun 2002 08:51:39 +0100
On Thu, 2002-06-06 at 15:10, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> uri_is_local() is used inside nautilus for a number of thing, including
> is_a_unix_path, is_a_local_harddrive and is_fast. I don't know why this
> function was changed, but it affects nautilus in many ways. I think we
> should perhaps back that change out and fix it in a better way post 2.0.0.
I think the real problem is the loss of semantic information in the API
- the conclusion of discussing this on IRC was:
* the is_local fix was necessary to stop nfs / afs wandering for
Trash, that killed big systems.
* We need a new API so we can test for capabilities in gnome-vfs
* We'll prototype this in eel_vfs_test_capabilities, which has a
g_file_test type semantic.
* People are encouraged to replace is_local calls by expanding
the eel_vfs_test_capabilities set where necessary and using
I hope that's reasonably near to what we thought,
mmeeks gnu org <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot
] [Thread Prev