Re: Saving window geometry broken again :-(

On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 09:07, Dennis Cranston wrote:
> I have also updated to the latest CVS (version 2.0.1).  And, the saving of
> window size and location in single window mode works correctly.  I am running
> on Redhat 7.3.  I think Tuomas will need to provide much more information.

Yeah it works here too. It would be interesting to know if anyone else
is having the same problem ...

> > Updated the desktop machine to new nautilus as well, and it is also not
> > remembering the window sizes and positions in single-window-mode when
> > opening desktop folders..
> >
> > Was this intentional or accidentally broken? I wish it worked like it
> > used to for a while.

It should work without a problem, I have no idea why it doesn't. On your
machine, does it just not remember _new_ window geometry or does it not
even restore windows in the geometry that was saved with the previous
nautilus version? With new geometry I mean that it restores windows in
the previous size/position but then when you move/resize them it doesn't
remember the new size. You also need the latest version of eel for this
to work right.

Have you tried making a new directory without any existing metadata and
seeing if it remember the size for that?

- Frank