Re: Nautilus Crash

On Sun, 2002-07-14 at 02:35, glennpierce connectfree co uk wrote:

> Yes although I agree this needs to be placed in bugzilla soon in this
case the bug seems to only appear on certain systems as this bug does
not appear on my other systems so I would rather try to create a stack
trace or debugging information to attach to bugzilla so the fix can more
easily be achieved. As i'm sure the bug will be harder to solve on a
system that does not expose the problem.
> --

It could be the video card driver crashing your X when it gets borked by
some acceleration stuff? Anything different between your different
computers' hardware? NVidia binary kernel drivers?

Not that I know much of those, but at least 3D acceleration stuff used
to crash and freeze X pretty often in the past.

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::