Re: Thumbnailing

On Thu, 2002-07-11 at 05:29, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> It's surely possible if you're willing to hack some. I'm not sure how such
> a thumbnail would look though. Render "ABCabc"? What if those glyphs don't
> exist in the file? Also, won't the icon be rather hard to see and hit?

Actually, I was planning to render one large glyph, with a border, and
perhaps add the name of the font in the default face across the bottom.
If I was writing my own view, I could just show the "filename" as the
fontname, e.g., "Courier New" rather than "cour.ttf" -- but I'm not. In
the single-font view, I will do that, of course.

--
Michael Rothwell
e: rothwell at holly-springs.nc.us
k: http://www.flyingbuttmonkeys.com/rothwell-public-key.txt