Re: Funny bug

On Fri, 2002-07-05 at 12:01, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> I found (and fixed) the offset desktop bug. It was pretty funny actually.
> When opening the desktop window it read the window geometry metadata for
> the ~/.gnome-desktop directory, and used the position to position the
> desktop window. :)

	It would be good to fix the geometry saving, really, really good to fix
it - it seems no-one wants me to do this, it has the following problems:

	* It forces re-renders [ potentially very slow ones with large
	  directories] on desktop switch, and window drag.

	* It gets geometry saving badly wrong with virtual desktops -
	  switch away, kill nautilus and re-start - see where the window
	  turns up.

	* It makes new windows in browse mode tend to turn up in exactly
	  the same place, making browsing very inconvenient indeed.

	Hmm - and all of this simply to ensure that we get a reasonable new
window size ?

	Regards,

		Michael.