Re: a simple problem

Hi,

On Sat, 2002-07-06 at 13:39, Luca Telloli wrote:
> Hallo to everyone.
> I'm a newbie at Nautilus, so I can't solve the following problem: when I
> install nautilus2 from a Debian sid box, all is ok, but when I try to start
> manually the program from a virtual console, I get the following errors:
>
> "/home/luca is not a valid directory. Please check the spelling and try
> again"
> "/ is not a valid directory. Please check the spelling and try again".

I think this could be a misconfiguration in gnome-vfs.  Check
/etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules and /usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules for the
loadable modules mentioned in the config files.  I got a similar error
and it was related to a missing configuration file.  Also check your
gnome-vfs version, since it could also be that the debian package has
wrong dependencies.

HTH,
Gustavo