Re: PATCH for some random stuff.

On Mon, 2002-07-01 at 15:20, Jonathan Blandford wrote:
> Calum Benson <calum benson sun com> writes:
>
> > Lars Weber wrote:
> >
> > > the proper fix to *that*
> > > problem seems to me to introduce some kind of combined
> > > click-time/drag-distance threshold before starting a drag operation and
> > > not to disable the dialog completely.
> >
> > There's already a customizable "drag threshold" in the Mouse Preferences
> > dialog, does Nautilus respect this?  (Does anything, for that
> > matter...?)
>
> Anything using gtk_drag_check_threshold should respect that setting.
> Hopefully nautilus uses this all over the place...

It sounds like someone should open a bug on this, because nautilus
really doesn't appear to be using this.

One thing to consider: an icon view is one of the fiew places where a
drag of as little as one pixel might be considered reasonable, (for
instance if you are lining things up for some reason.) I think Nautilus
should obey the global drag threshold setting, but this is something to
at least consider.

--Ben