Re: [GNOME VFS] Re: 5 second timeout thing ...
- From: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- To: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
- Cc: Tuomas Kuosmanen <tigert ximian com>, Jody Goldberg <jody ximian com>, vfs <gnome-vfs ximian com>, nautilus <nautilus-list eazel com>
- Subject: Re: [GNOME VFS] Re: 5 second timeout thing ...
- Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 03:55:27 -0400 (EDT)
On 29 Jun 2002, Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-06-29 at 00:20, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
> > Gnome-terminal monitors the background image for changes, and re-renders
> > it for itself if it does change. This apparently causes the short
> > pause/lockup if the wallpaper is updated.
> That's odd, I don't believe we update the background image at all
> frequently, interesting though.
> One amusing thing causing re-renders (and re-sorting the entire
> directory) is the geometry saving code, which happens at idle ( after a
> configure-request ) [ IMHO it should happen at window close only ].
> Saving the geometry fires a metadata changed signal that causes
> everything to re-render ;-)
This was a recent change, read the mailing list for details.
Saving shouldn't cause a metadata changed signal though. Why is that
Alexander Larsson Red Hat, Inc
alexl redhat com alla lysator liu se
He's a sword-wielding gay gangster fleeing from a secret government programme.
She's a cosmopolitan junkie angel with an evil twin sister. They fight crime!
] [Thread Prev