Re: [Nautilus-list] XALF patch

On 1/28/02 12:10 PM, "Rémi Cohen-Scali" <Remi Cohen-Scali com> wrote:

> My goal is to have launch feedback when a desktop icon is clicked and a
> 'command:' URL from a .desktop file is about to be executed.
> On the nautilus-gnome-1 branch I'am testing it is one of the last xalf
> interaction that is missing if the NAUTILUS_USE_XALF environment
> variable is set.

OK. I see.

What about when the "command:URL" is not from a ".desktop" file? Your code
requires that it be a desktop file, and I think it might break things like
gmc URLs. Note that the code just talks in term of "activation URI". It
never says that it works only for desktop files. So you need to make the new
code you add only run when it's known to be a desktop file. Maybe you can
just assume it's a desktop file, but then look at the return value from
nautilus_desktop_file_load, and use some other approach when it fails.

    -- Darin