[Nautilus-list] Tar content view

Looking at the recent messages about regaining the functionality of the
gmc program in respect to viewing a tar archive, I would like to offer
to write it.  I just have a few questions.  Is it acceptable to use an
external program like tar to untar the archives.  Also any pointers
before I start writing would be appreciated.  Thanks.
--
     ( o o )                                ( o o )

                    Michael Petnuch
            http://technologyreview.org:8080

  .oooO                                  .oooO
  (   )   Oooo.                          (   )   Oooo.