[Nautilus-list] Debugging a pango_layout_set_text warning....

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to track down a bug I found last night which appears after
opening and closing the user's Home desktop icon. On or after the third
attempt the nautilus window opens but a Can't Display Location error
dialog also appears claiming that it can't open "/ or some other
garbage. I also notice that at the same time there is a debug warning on
stderr that states that pango_layout_set_text was passed a bad string.

I put in debug print messages after each of the pango_layout_set_text
calls that seemed appropriate
(libnautilus-private/nautilus-icon_canvas-item.c and
src/nautilus-sidebar-tabs.c

It didn't appear to the there that the problem was so I'm presuming it's
something in eel.

This was from anoncvs code yesterday.

I also made an attempt to see if I could track down the leaks I
mentioned earlier in the week when running nautilus -c. It's a bit hairy
and I don't really know enough about bonobo yet to do it properly. But
I'll keep at it and I'm sure I'll follow whats going on eventually.

Does bonobo keep information about what is referencing it (parent info
or something) or is it just a ref count ?

--
Glen Gray             Software Engineer