[Nautilus-list] Getting started....

Hi Guys,

I recently joined the list and downloaded the cvs HEAD code to have a
play around with. I'd like to get involved with helping out coding but
I'll probably want to ease into it slowly due to lack of experience and
time constraints (moving house over the coming weeks).

If there are any pointers to things I could start looking at then I'd
appreciate it.

I also spotted a couple of things while playing around with the code

1)There seems to be a code leak when opening a new nautilus window. Kind
of vague I know. I basically ran nautilus through memprof and it just
kept on allocating memory for each new window and eventually crashed.

2)Running nautilus with the -c option gave off some errors that CORBA
and Bonodo objects where left lying around. Here is the output...

[slaine muffin slaine]$ nautilus -c
Gtk-Message: YOU ARE USING THE DEVEL BRANCH 1.3.x OF GTK+ WHICH IS
CURRENTLY
                UNDER HEAVY DEVELOPMENT AND FREQUENTLY INTRODUCES
INSTABILITIES.                if you don't know why you are getting
this, you probably want to                use the stable branch which
can be retrieved from
                ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtk/v1.2/ or via CVS with
                cvs checkout -r glib-1-2 glib; cvs checkout -r gtk-1-2
gtk+
running nautilus_self_check_search_uri
running nautilus_self_check_file_utilities
running nautilus_self_check_file_operations
running nautilus_self_check_directory
running nautilus_self_check_file
running nautilus_self_check_icon_container
running nautilus_self_check_icon_factory
running nautilus_self_check_search_uri
running nautilus_self_check_file_utilities
running nautilus_self_check_file_operations
running nautilus_self_check_directory
running nautilus_self_check_file
running nautilus_self_check_icon_container
running nautilus_self_check_icon_factory
nautilus (pid:1584): Bonobo-WARNING **: Leaked a total of 7 refs to 5
bonobo object(s)
nautilus (pid:1584): ** WARNING **: CORBA_ORB_destroy: ORB still has 3
refs.
nautilus (pid:1584): ** WARNING **: ORB: a total of 26 refs to 17 ORB
objects were leaked
[slaine muffin slaine]$

--
Glen Gray             Software Engineer