[Nautilus-list] Eject of cdrom

Is there a way to turn of eject of the cdrom when you umount using
nautilus 1.0.6?

My computer have a door in front of the cd-player and it's not funny to
hear the tray crashing in to it when I umount. The computer is not in the
same room as the screen and keyboard so I can't see if the door is open or
not when I do the umount.

Also, why is nautilus ejecting the disc at all?

The linux kernel have a setting to automatically eject cd-roms when you
umount it and to close the door when you mount if it is not closed. This
property can be changed at

/proc/sys/dev/cdrom/autoeject

and

/proc/sys/dev/cdrom/autoclose

The default to not do autoeject but to do autoclose. Of course it can
depend on the distribution you use.

For me, I simply can't use autoeject since it's damaging my hardware.

--
/Dennis